I currently offer a number of Health Tests that can be performed at home:
- Food Intolerance Tests
– Detailed checks for IgG antibody reactions to specific foods.
- Homocysteine Test
– Checks for the presence of this harmful amino acid; high levels of which have been associated with a risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, heart disease and some types of arthritis.
- Hair Mineral Analysis
– Screens for mineral imbalances and toxicity
- Other Health Tests
– These are available by arrangement. Some of these are listed below. Contact me for details. To see my range of other health tests click here.
NB Tests are available in UK only.
Food intolerance may create a range of problems like migraines, bloating, fluid retention, arthritis, eczema, sinusitis, sneezing and excess mucus, digestive problems and a lack of energy. Food intolerance testing can help identify if the foods you are eating are causing you a health problem.
I offer four Food Intolerance Tests :
- Lorisian 75 Foods Intolerance Test – (£145) This test checks for food intolerance to seventy-five commonly eaten foods. Click here for a list of the foods covered.
- Lorisian 100 Foods Intolerance Test – (£195) This test checks for food intolerance to one hundred foods. Click here for a list of the foods covered.
- Lorisian 150 Foods Intolerance Test – (£295) This test checks for food intolerance to an extensive range of one hundred and fifty foods. Click here for a list of the foods covered.
The professional IgG antibody tests are exclusively available via practitioners. They are easily taken, using a Home Test Kit to take a small pinprick of blood that can then be mailed to the laboratory for analysis.
NB: Food Intolerance Tests cannot be taken:
- If you are pregnant
- By a child under 2 years old
- If you are on steroids or immunosuppressant medication
What is Homocysteine and what does it do?
Homocysteine is a harmful amino acid produced naturally by the body. High homocysteine levels have been associated with a higher risk of developing diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, heart disease and some types of arthritis.
Usually, the body breaks down homocysteine into a harmless substance called cystathionine which is then excreted out of the body. However for a variety of reasons this process is often impaired. High risk groups include people of all ages, who eat a poor diet, who exercise little, are over-weight, have diabetes, are smokers or drink too much alcohol or caffeine drinks.
A Homocysteine Test determines the levels of this harmful amino acid. The test simply involves using a Home Test Kit to take a small pinprick of blood that can then be mailed to the laboratory for analysis.
The results will be sent to you approximately 2 weeks after you have sent the test to the laboratory. If positive, I will also send you details of a recommended supplement that I use extensively in my clinical practice plus a dietary advice sheet.
To order a Homocysteine Test click here.
To find out more about the Homocysteine Test click here.
- Screens for mineral imbalances and toxicity
- Informs about mineral activity within the cells of the body
- Determines your Oxidative Type (the rate the body burns food for use as energy)
A Hair Mineral Analysis (HMA) is a powerful tool that gives an insight into your body at the cellular level and assesses your nutritional and oxidative type, the rate at which your body “burns” the food you eat and converts it into nutrients. The test is carried out by Analytical Research Laboratories (ARL) in Phoenix, Arizona, a leading provider of “state-of-the-art” hair mineral analysis.
Taking a hair mineral test is easy. You order a test kit from me and then send back a small hair sample along with a completed short symptom questionnaire. I then arrange for it to be analysed by ARL.
Please note: you should not take the test for six weeks after having your hair dyed, bleached or permed.
There are 3 options of hair mineral analysis tests available from Fleur Brown Nutrition.
HAIR MINERAL ANALYSIS 1
A hair mineral analysis graph only. Please click here to see an example of the graph
The graph shows :
- The mineral content in your hair, which reflects the mineral content of your body’s tissues. Minerals are involved in almost all enzyme reactions in the body and so appropriate levels are essential to life. This graph shows you deficiencies or excesses of minerals in your cells.
- Levels of toxic heavy metals e.g. mercury, aluminum and lead, thereby enabling identification of toxic metal overload.
Both mineral nutrient and toxic metal levels have been proven to have a significant impact on health.
- It will also state your oxidative type, which is the rate at which your body ‘burns’ the food you eat and converts it to energy. There are three types; slow, fast or mixed.
The cost of this is £55.00
HAIR MINERAL ANALYSIS 2
A hair mineral analysis graph – as HMA No 1, plus a computerised report from the laboratory. This computerised interpretation report includes details of your oxidation type and outline guidance on what foods to eat for your oxidation type, stress level interpretation, and indications on your current digestive pattern, your toxic metal trend and general information about how to improve your health and the laboratories recommendations for a supplement programme to help balance your mineral levels.
The cost of this is £75.00
HAIR MINERAL ANALYSIS 3
A hair mineral analysis graph and computerized report from ARL as above, plus my personal interpretation of the results which includes a specific dietary plan for your oxidative type including foods to eat more of or to avoid, and an eating plan including recommendations for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. Also provided are personalised supplement recommendations when relevant that may help to re-balance your biochemistry. The supplements recommended are manufactured by Endo-Met in the USA and are available to purchase from our on-line shop.
The cost of this is £110.00
To find out more about the Hair Mineral Test click here.
To see a sample graph click here.
To order a Hair Mineral Test or associated supplements click here.
NB: 1. You should not take the test for six weeks after having your hair dyed, bleached or permed.
2. This test is to identify mineral imbalances not to diagnose or treat health disorders.
3. With HMA3 you will be asked if you are taking any medications as these need to be taken into consideration when I am devising a relevant personal supplement programme based on your results.
Other tests are available face to face or by telephone consultation. These include:
- Comprehensive Parasitology Profile
- Adrenal Stress Profile
- Osteoporosis Risk Assessment
- Menopause Profile
- Breast Cancer Risk Profile
- Female Hormonal Profile
Click here for more information on these tests
Telephone: 01892 616621