Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Information, Goods and Services through the Fleur Brown Nutrition Website.
All parts of these Terms and Conditions apply at all times as appropriate to the Fleur Brown Nutrition website and clinic, and you should familiarise yourself with all of them.
However these Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Part 1. The information we think is most important to you
a) Some Key Points
1. Our aim is to provide independent, impartial and authoritative advice direct to you, which is entirely safe.
2. Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of optimum health, peak performance, disease prevention and patient care.
3. Nutritional Therapy aims to correct the underlying biochemical imbalances (hormonal imbalances, vitamin and mineral excesses or deficiencies caused by improper diet and nutrition, and/or impaired digestion and absorption and poor gut ecology) that may be affecting an individual’s health and so improve health and vitality.
4. The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional Therapy programme.
5. Please read the Health Notes below.
6. We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. All personal information will be treated with the strictest confidence by Fleur Brown Nutrition and will never be shared or passed onto another organisation without your permission, except for contact and transactional details for delivery or payment purposes. The Fleur Brown Nutrition website complies with The Distance Selling Directive and The Data Protection Act.
7. We will hold your data but will only use it in relation to the goods and services you have requested and to occasionally advise you of information, products or services from us that we believe you might find of value.
8. The Terms and Conditions apply equally as appropriate to information, goods and services provided by either Fleur Brown Nutrition and Fleur Brown however described.
b) Health Notes
1. Nutritional Therapy is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
2. If you suffer from a chronic or serious health problem, you are advised to have a face-to-face or telephone consultation for a full nutritional programme.
3. No responsibility can be accepted in cases where diagnosed medical conditions have been omitted or medication details have not been fully disclosed in writing on any Fleur Brown Nutrition Questionnaire, prior to advice and recommendations being given.
4. You are responsible for consulting your G.P. about any health concerns. Do not cease conventional treatment or medication for any reason without consulting a doctor.
5. You should advise your G.P. that you are undertaking a Nutritional Therapy programme for any conditions you have raised with your G.P. or with us during your consultations.
6. If you are receiving treatment from your G.P. or any other medical provider for any conditions you disclose on any Fleur Brown Nutrition Questionnaire or during your consultations, or for any other conditions, you should tell your G.P. about the Nutritional Therapy programme provided by us. This is advisable because of any possible reactions between medication prescribed by your medical provider and nutritional programmes.
7. You must inform us about all medical diagnoses, medication, herbal or homeopathic medication and food supplements you are taking as this may affect the nutritional programme I devise for you.
8. No responsibility will be accepted in cases where diagnosed medical conditions or details of other therapies have been omitted or medication or other treatments or supplements have not been fully disclosed in writing prior to my advice and recommendations have been given.
Part 2. Detailed Terms and Conditions
1. By accessing any part of the Fleur Brown Nutrition site or participating in a consultation with Fleur Brown Nutrition you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. These Terms and Conditions are to be governed by the laws of England and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
3. Fleur Brown Nutrition will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its control.
4. We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. You should periodically review them for changes. Use of the Fleur Brown Nutrition website after the date on which any changes come into effect, indicates your agreement to the new Terms and Conditions.
b) Privacy and Confidentiality
Fleur Brown Nutrition is committed to protecting your privacy. It’s very important to us and we respect anyone’s concerns about maintaining it. We are committed to protecting your personal privacy and any details provided by you will be kept secure and confidential, in accordance with UK data protection law.
This statement tells you how and why we use your information.
1. We only collect the minimum amount of information about you to help serve you better.
2. Cookies: We do not currently use any cookies but we may do in the future. A cookie is a very small text file that may be placed on your hard drive by the server of a web page you visit. It is an individual label, which identifies you as a visitor – it cannot deliver viruses. Some of our cookies may be generated automatically by the software we used to create parts of the site. Others are simply used to save time by automatically filling in any forms that you have already filled in. If you want to change any details you can simply type over any text. In the future, we may use cookie files to help personalise the site and help you experience it in the way that suits you best.
3. Fleur Brown Nutrition may gather the following information in aggregate for: browser type (eg. Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Netscape Navigator, FireFox etc), operating system (eg. Windows, MacOS X, Linux), IP address, and Internet domain (eg. BT, Tiscali, Demon, AOL). This is to provide numbers of people visiting the site.
4. Certain portions of this site may in the future require you to register before you can access them. We will use the information you provide to fulfil your enquiry. Registration would be entirely voluntary. However if you do not wish to register, you will be unable to access these restricted areas.
5. Links to Fleur Brown Nutrition: Fleur Brown Nutrition is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites linked to this site. If you have followed a link from the Site to another website you may be supplying information to a third party yourself.
6. Data protection: Fleur Brown Nutrition does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. This information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent unless required by law. The Data Protection Act allows you to have access to information held about you and, where appropriate, to have it corrected or deleted. There is a maximum charge of £10 for providing a copy. Visitors to our website responding to advertisements should satisfy themselves that they know how their personal information will be used.
7. We will uphold strict security procedures for the storage and use of any personal information and describe below the personal information we may collect about you, the purposes we might believe it advantageous to yourself for us to use it and the people whom we might disclose it to. Physical documents will be kept under lock and key.
8. Should you register on our site for any member areas or newsletter we will ask for your name, your e-mail address and a password. This will enable us to send you information, which we think you will find of benefit, including regular e-mail Newsletters, updates and any special offers. When any orders are placed with us or any affiliated partner featured on our site we will also need to know your delivery and invoice address, credit or debit card details.
9. We may provide some of this information to our partners for the purposes of completing or looking into a transaction with you.
10. We may use information of your previous habits and purchases to inform you of information, products and services that we think would be appropriate to you.
11. We may however disclose the most basic information about you to a third party for other limited purposes, such as payment or delivery processes.
12. Should you not wish to receive any e-mail, newsletters or other information please e-mail us.
13. If at a later stage, you become a registered user of the Fleur Brown Nutrition website you may be asked register and create a password. If so, you must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by e-mail or telephone immediately.
14. If we believe there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of registration information, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your usage.
c) The Contract Between Us
1. Complete payment of the price for the goods, services and delivery charges that you order must be made before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you provide. This creates a legally binding contract between us.
2. Only adults (those aged 18 or more) may transact through this site. Any other individuals are prohibited from ordering goods using this site.
3. We shall not be liable for any telephone or other costs that you may incur to use our website.
4. Anyone who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
5. We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if we have insufficient stock of the goods you have ordered; we do not deliver to your area; or if any of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
6. If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
7. Fleur Brown Nutrition may suspend or cancel your usage immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
8. Nothing said by any person on our behalf should be understood as a variation of these Terms and Conditions. We shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
d) Payment, Pricing and Delivery
1. We will always seek to act quickly, responsibly, reasonably and amicably in these and other matters.
2. On-line payment is currently via PayPal and their standard Terms and Conditions apply. There are no charges to the purchaser. We may change the payment system without notice.
3. Prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable.
4. Any reduction or increase in price will take effect on your next usage following notification or posting on our website or other materials.
5. We will deliver the goods ordered by you as soon as possible after your order is accepted to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order.
6. We cannot guarantee that the delivery system will necessarily perform as specified or be responsible for carriers’ actions.
7. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss, damage or destruction.
8. It is your responsibility to contact us within 10 working days if the goods ordered are not received; or if the goods received are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective, otherwise we shall have no liability to you. If you notify a problem of incorrect, damaged or defective goods we will make good any errors, shortage or non-delivery and, at your option, for incorrect, damaged or defective goods, replace or refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
e) Intellectual Property
1. All rights reserved. No part of the Fleur Brown Nutrition website or publications may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
2. Fleur Brown Nutrition is the operator of www.fleurbrownnutrition.co.uk. All content is copyrighted to Fleur Brown Nutrition under the United Kingdom copyright laws. Trademarks, product names and company names or logos on the site are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by Fleur Brown Nutrition in respect of the use of any such brand names, product names or titles or copyrights and such use may constitute an infringement of the owners’ rights. When you download content, you do not obtain any ownership interest in it.
3. You may retrieve and display the content of the Fleur Brown Nutrition site on a computer screen, store it in electronic form on disk or print a copy for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices.
4. Modification of the content or use of it for any other purpose, including, use on any other website or networked computer environment is strictly prohibited.
5. If you send information, software, images, mail, text, questions, suggestions, messages, comments, feedback, ideas, recipes, stories about yourself, or other materials to Fleur Brown Nutrition they shall be deemed as, and shall remain, the property of Fleur Brown
1. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Internet, Fleur Brown Nutrition will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
2. Fleur Brown Nutrition disclaims all liabilities in connection with the incompatibility of the site with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links; technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Fleur Brown Nutrition site; unsuitability, unreliability,
inadequacy or inaccuracy of the site to meet your requirements.
3. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to the site e.g. because of occasional restrictions for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services, or because of faults.
4. From time to time our site may also contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, we will seek to correct these as soon as possible but liability arising from these is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. Part of the Fleur Brown Nutrition site may contain links to other web sites carrying information, products or services. Fleur Brown Nutrition is not responsible for ensuring that this material is accurate or complies with relevant laws and codes. Fleur Brown Nutrition will not accept responsibility for content on retailer sites on which the site is available.
6. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall Fleur Brown Nutrition, any directors or employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, arising out of the use of the site, consultations and other communications.
7. Fleur Brown Nutrition cannot be liable for the accuracy or performance of health tests carried out by external laboratories.
8. The limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including compensation, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. In any event, our liability to you shall not exceed the price of the products or services in dispute.
9. We shall not be liable to you for any failure or delay in delivering goods you have ordered or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by circumstances beyond our control including industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
10. Fleur Brown Nutrition and any directors and staff, shall not be held responsible for claims relating to illness or ailments that are deemed to have possibly arisen as a consequence of reading or acting on the content provided on this website. The content is for general use, and may be inapplicable and/or unsuitable for people suffering from conditions whether diagnosed or not.
11. Although Fleur Brown Nutrition aims to offer you the best service possible, we make no guarantee that the services will meet your requirements. The services, content and materials on the site and elsewhere are supplied without warranties of any kind.
g) International Use
1. Fleur Brown Nutrition does not promise that materials on the Fleur Brown Nutrition site are appropriate, legal or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom. You must obtain all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site.
2. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, you are responsible for compliance with local laws. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
h) On-Line Hair Mineral Analyses and Other Tests
1. Our recommendations following any test supplied on-line through Fleur Brown Nutrition aims to give a general recommendation of any supplements and foods that may be appropriate for you at a particular time. They do not aim to address, treat or cure any specific health problems you may have and do not replace the in-depth advice given during a full personal telephone or face-to-face nutritional consultation.
2. The recommended supplements and programmes should be reviewed after three months. Your needs can change and supplements and foods which appear to be appropriate at the time of starting a programme may become inappropriate. You must therefore contact us should you wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than three months.
3. Fleur Brown Nutrition is not permitted to diagnose or claim to treat medical conditions. Nutritional Therapy’s aim is to balance any biochemical and/or nutritional imbalances and therefore help restore the body’s natural vitality and resistance and NOT to cure medical conditions.
4. Your nutritional programme will be based on the information you disclose on any Questionnaire and, as appropriate, on the results of any Functional Tests you undertake and any other disclosures. Advice and guidance will depend on the information provided by you. No responsibility can be accepted in cases where diagnosed medical conditions have been omitted or medication details have not been fully disclosed in writing, prior to advice and recommendations being given.
5. Our recommendations will be invalid if compliance is not total or a third party interferes with the recommendations.
6. Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are governed by the BANT (British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy) Code of Ethics and Practice.
7. Supplements recommended are selected on the basis of the information provided by you, on any Questionnaire and/or any Functional Tests you have carried out. For the avoidance of doubt, Fleur Brown Nutrition has no business interest or direct link to any specific supplement or health test manufacturer.
8. You are responsible for consulting your G.P. about any health concerns. Fleur Brown Nutrition advises you to inform your G.P. that you are undertaking a Nutritional Therapy programme and/or undertaking any tests.
9. If you are receiving treatment from your G.P. or any other medical provider for any conditions you disclose on your Questionnaire or for any other conditions, you should tell your G.P. about the Nutritional Therapy programme provided by Fleur Brown Nutrition. This is advisable because of any possible reactions between medication prescribed by your medical provider and nutritional programmes.
10. You must inform Fleur Brown Nutrition, on your Questionnaire, about all medical diagnoses, medication, herbal or homeopathic medication, other complementary treatments and food supplements you are taking as this may affect the nutritional programme we devise for you.
11. No responsibility will be accepted in cases where diagnosed medical conditions or details of other therapies have been omitted or medication or other treatments or supplements have not been fully disclosed in writing prior to advice and recommendations being given.
12. If you are unclear about food and other recommendations following health tests, supplement doses or time period of your treatment, you should contact us promptly for clarification.
13. No responsibility is accepted by Fleur Brown Nutrition for the accuracy of tests carried out by third parties
14. You are advised to report to us any concerns about your Nutritional Programme promptly for discussion and action..
© Fleur Brown Nutrition